Oldest Woman on the Web is Still Here

In 1992, I met Sherry Miller via "Women's Wire" (a pre-web internet service.) Sherry is an artist and a trickster and she was responsible for steering me back into art. My path had evolved from a promising alternate route into a stumble through the brambles. After watching her, and listening to her bon mots, I found a way to the Land of Oz, where I've been happily working ever since.

Sherry, self-described as "the oldest woman on the web," has started a blog, which I added to the sidebar, and she has an Open Studio coming up:



Open Studio - Saturday and Sunday, May 12 & 13; 11-6 pm

Industrial Center Building
Studio 259D
480 Gate Five Road
Sausalito CA 94965

From 101 Southbound take Sausalito/Marin City exit.
Turn left. Go underhighway. Turn right at light onto Bridgeway.
From 101 Northbound take Sausalito/Marin City exit.
Go straight on Bridgeway. At third light turn left on Harbor Drive.
Third gray building on the left.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Once upon a time I told Anna to chuck everything - an excellent nursing career for example - and go for art. I said there's nothing more glorious. So, even if she didn't know it, I had to worry about her over the years because she had done just that and become an artist. Now everyone reading this can look to Anna and her husband as inspiration and faith in leading the life of the artist. Nothing comes even close ... way to go Anna!
Love,
Sherry

Popular posts from this blog

Vanniversary

Break On Through to the Other Side

Temporary Respite