Coming to you from Reno

Yep, I live in Reno. Who’da thunk it?

I still get wistful about Los Angeles (especially the art museums) but I don’t miss San Francisco. People, yeah - I have friends scattered all over the planet and I miss them and I always have. I can’t be everywhere at once so  I’m always missing somebody. The solution, to paraphrase the old Stephen Stills song, is to friend the one you’re with.

And boy, did I luck out with my gamble on Reno. Not only does one of my oldest best friends live here, but my new friends in the neighborhood are the best kind: warm, generous, sociable, and artistic!

A real bonus here is my new studio. It’s large, private, has lots of natural light, plenty of storage, and a potential gallery space on site. I’ve already got a running start on a new painting series I’m calling “Unreliable Memories,” mostly based on vintage (personal) film stills. 

Reno has a vibrant art scene and I plan to jump into it this year. Besides the studio painting, I’ve already started some collaborative projects with three other artists here. We’re starting up the regular BigCrow Studio Roundtables & Potlucks, and Dave & I will be participating in all or most of the plentiful city-wide art events. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vanniversary

Break On Through to the Other Side

Temporary Respite