Setting Up For the Pear Tree Art Show, Sale, and Workshops




Last night, while the rain, hail, thunder, and lightening crashed outside, I joined several other artists in a studio over on Bryant Street. We started pulling the studio space together, bringing in our art, hanging the wall pieces, arranging tables and shelves for sculptures and demos. It's a lot of work and will probably take the rest of the week to complete. The opening is this Friday evening (the day after Thanksgiving.)


I'm going to be doing something a little different this time. I won't be showing any of my bigger paintings on canvas. Instead, I plundered my stack of sketchbooks from the last few years. I have a lot sketchbooks, and I selected 100 pages, mounted them on Bristol board, and slipped them into clear, acid-free envelopes. That way I can sell them very affordably ($20 to $80.) The images are in pencil, ink, watercolor and gouache - mostly San Francisco scenes, with a few still life and abstract pieces. I have a few surprises for this show and I'll be writing more about it later.



The Pear Tree Art show, Sale and Workshops will take place in Cynthia Tom's bright, spacious studio at 1890 Bryant (at the corner of Mariposa, across from Starbucks). The studio is #302 (third floor) and there will be a greeter at the street level door to let you in.

Schedule (over four weekends):
Fridays, 5:00-8:00pm, Nov. 26; Dec. 3, 10, 17
Sundays, 11:00am-3:00pm, Nov. 28; Dec. 5, 12, 19

Location: 1890 Bryant, #302, San Francisco (at the corner of Mariposa, across from Starbucks). The studio is on the third floor, and there will be a greeter at the street level door to let people in.



We chose the name Pear Tree Art because it's reminiscent of the song that unfolds its many layers of mystery and surprise over a period of days. Each day you visit with us, there will be new discoveries to make as you meet the artists and see the work of this multifaceted group. Friday evenings will be an opportunity to relax with wine and conversation, while Sunday afternoons will be your chance to see the art-making process at work.



Participating artists include: Cassia Soares Appel, Cynthia Cevallos, Shari Arai Deboer, Anna L. Conti, Anna Efanova, Pam Heyda, Lorainne Mock, Adele Shaw, Ramona Soto, Cynthia Tom, Vivian Truong, and Xiaojie Zheng.



-- Posted From My iPad

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great idea for a holiday group gallery and I like that you have found a way to present your sketches - always have been a big fan of the life and space breathing in your sketches.
Unknown said…
Is there a way to link this to the pear tree blog. it's wonderful

Popular posts from this blog

Vanniversary

Break On Through to the Other Side

Temporary Respite