We're Gonna Lose This Thing

That's Adam McKay's take on it, and I'm starting to agree with him. He thinks it's because, "there is no more functioning press in this country. And without a real press the corporate and religious Republicans can lie all they want and get away with it."

That, and the proven Republican tactic of outright voting fraud (and here and here.)

I think it's more of the classic Democratic inclusiveness, politeness, and insistence on nuance, which results in the kind of situation I saw last night when Keith Olbermann interviewed Barack Obama on Countdown. Olbermann gave Obama the kinds of easy, leading questions that begged for a simple, straightforward answer like, "They're lying." Instead, Obama started to remind me of Kerry and Gore with his hit-every-bullet-point answers - at one point he described a recent political cartoon (No, stop, please! A cartoon is a VISUAL! Get a joke writer if you want to do verbal funnies.)

Now the Obama campaign is running out of money.

We're doomed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vanniversary

Break On Through to the Other Side

Temporary Respite