Do You Believe this?


I just got an email "reminder" to enter the American Artist 70th Anniversary Art Competition. I've never entered in the past, but "Online Submission" caught my eye, so I clicked on it to check out the fine print.

If I'm understanding this, they want me to pay them $20 and send them a high-resolution image which they or their advertisers can use anytime, anywhere, forever. In exchange, I get a chance to win a prize? Do I have that right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ah yes - the ever greedy, grabby hand of those who make a living from artists. Twenty dollars is cheap these days; I've seen shows where the entry fee, jury fee and other fees would add up to over $200 dollars if I were stupid enough to enter.
BTW - I like your new blog format. I'm debating on moving to blogger myself. I've gotten frustrated with the cumbersome way that you have to enter images in LJ.

Nancy
Anna L. Conti said…
ACtually, it wasn't the twenty bucks that concerned me, as much as the right to use all of the entrants' (not just winners') images for commercial purposes.

Popular posts from this blog

Vanniversary

Break On Through to the Other Side

Temporary Respite