Here's to the unsung heros among us.

I got this email from Mari Eliza at Beaux Arts:
You can't have missed the death notices of James Brown or Anna Nicole, but I doubt if you heard a peep about Eric Von Schmidt, and Bill Wasel. (unless I missed something at the grammys)
Eric Von Schmidt was most revered songwriter and artist, whose his work graced the albums of many famous albums. Eric was considered by many to be the father of Folk, and was acknowledged by Dylan as a major influence. Dylan covered "Baby Let me Follow You Down" and Tom Rush "Wasn't that a mighty Storm". He did make it into the recent PBS story on Dylan's beginnings.
Bill Wasel was an amazing, not as famous singer/songwriter who fashioned his own instruments and played for years on the folk circuit with his wife and long-time love Gloria. They will be missed by family and friends, as much, if not more than, those famous faces on your TV screen.
Here's to the unsung heros among us.
mari
top image is album cover art for " Eric von Schmidt and the Cruel Family" via
Comments